Chris Evans on Being Cast as Captain America (2011) | MTV News | #TBMTVArticles . Blog
– For a lot of people when
a role like Captain America is presented to them,
they’re gonna jump at it. They’re gonna say, okay sign
me up, when, where and how. I know you wrestled with this
– Yeah. – You took this very seriously
before you signed on. Did you go as granularly as kind of like
making a pro and con list? What was the top pro and the top con? – That’s exactly what I did. – Did you really?
– Literally. There was a pro and con. I mean, the pro list is
that it would hopefully enable me to do other things
that I would want to do. You know, I really would love to direct, and if this movie does well, hopefully, whether it’s via the comfort financially that I could fund something myself, or through notoriety, someone would be foolish
enough to trust me with a film. So it felt like one step closer to getting behind the camera, and you can really, you can do a lot when
you’re given a voice. – Yeah.
– If a movie does well and you have an opportunity
to get in a platform, if you have a passion, if you
have a cause you believe in, you’re given the
opportunity to make change. That’s rare, that’s beautiful. And not just in the world, in your immediate family too. You know, doing films like this help you help the people you love. The cons were just– – Yeah, what’s the top of the con list that you wrestled with? – Lifestyle change.
– Yeah. – You know, and obviously there’s pressure for the movie to do well. You don’t want to embarrass yourself, your family name, if the movie’s bad. All of that stuff came second to a lifestyle change. I really enjoy my anonymity. I like going to a ball game. I like being able to walk the streets. I’ve never had paparazzi
park outside my house. – Right. – But once that stuff happens, there’s no off switch.
– Right. – There’s no like time off from that. So, it’s a hard thing to
conceptualize, you know. Being, having made movies for 10 years, you deal with that sometimes. – Right. – The bigger movies you make, maybe you deal with it most of the time. If it ever switched over to all the time, dealing with it all the time, that’s something that you really can’t wrap your head around, and you can’t rewind,
you can’t do it over, so that was the biggest fear for me.
Written by Michelle Gutierrez
- How to Use Gmail + Keep Notes + Google Calendar Together
- S-Orbit| Haryana School of Internet Marketing
- How to increase internet speed 20 Mbps with proof
- French Google Translate Meme Compilation
- Does Joshua Kimmich have a beard? | Google Autocomplete Challenge
- EARN OFFLINE or WITHOUT INTERNET using phone: NOT INVESTMENT | PAID IN AN HOUR | UNLIMITED BITCOINS
- Spies In Disguise | Sneak Peek “Car Chase” | FOX Home Entertainment
- How Bihari does Breakup💔 | Double Entertainment
- Cute Girl in the Office || Wirally Tamil || Tamada Media
- Google Making Large Investment In Pittsburgh